- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups all – purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Handful of marchino cherries, cut in half.
Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch cake pan or cast iron skillet. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. For Topping
- Use a cast iron skillet or 9 inch cake pan. Place butter in tbe skillet or pan and put in the preheated oven for 5 minutes to melt.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter.
- Place pineapple slices over brown sugar around the edges and center of pan, slightly overlapping them.
- Place the cherry halves in the center of tbe pineapple rings, rounded side down.
- Set aside & prepare cake batter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla & pineapple juice. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30- 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Loosen the cake from the sides by running a butter knife around the edges of the cake. Let cake rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting the cake for 10 minutes, run your knife along the edges a few more times so that the cake will be ready to come out of the pan.
- Invert the cake onto a plate or flat surface such as a cutting board. Make sure whatever you use fits snugly against the pan. Tap & jiggle the pan so the cake comes out nice & pretty & in one piece.
- Serve as is or with whipped cream. Enjoy!