- 1 cup (115 g) unsalted melted butter
- 2 cup (230 g) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit and butter or line a brownie pan. A brownie pan is usually 7 × 10, 8 × 8 or 9 × 9. Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Add flour and stir until incorporated then mix in any extras such as chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out relatively clean.
- Cool then cut into 8 squares.