This recipe is so simple. Just throw everything into a pan & minutes later you have a tasty, warm meal to relish. Don’t leave out the fresh lemon juice, fennel seeds or fire roasted tomatoes. These ingredients give this recipe a it’s delicous savory character.
- 2 chicken thighs or breast cooked & cubed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 can cannelili beans, drained
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- fresh squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 can fire roasted stewed tomatoes
- Sauté onions & mushrooms in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, oregano, thyme, fennel, garlic & fresh ground pepper for 3 minutes.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes & sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes allowing excess liquid to evaporate.
- Next add in beans, capers & chicken. Stir well to ensure heat is evenly moving through all ingredients.
- Stir in spinach at the very end. Cook just until it’s wilted & then it’s ready to serve.