Earl Grey is my favorite tea. Most of the time I enjoy it black with no sugar. But every once in a while it’s nice to have something that’s warm & creamy to drink. Since I’m not a coffee drinker, I’m always on the lookout for warm drinks to enjoy for a morning pick-me-up or for comfort on a cold winter day. This drink is not a true latte, but it’s my quick and easy version and that’s good enough for me! Now just to clarify the picture above is not a picture of this recipe! I think I was probably drinking my regular Earl Grey that day.
- 1 1/2 cups steeped Earl Grey tea
- 1/2 cup evaported milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a small sauce pan, bring water to boil. Add tea bag. Turn off heat.
- Place a spoon or other object over tea bag to force as much flavor as possible from the tea bag.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Add sugar & vanilla. Stir well.
- Add evaporated milk. Stir well.
- Pour into your favorite mug along with the cream.
- Stir the cream into your tea latte & enjoy.