Before I made this recipe I had not had liver since I was a kid. I hated it then & I thought I wouldn’t like it now either. Turns out our taste buds do “mature” over time because I loved this recipe!
- 1 -4 oz piece of liver, sliced
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Drizzle of Worcestershire sauce
- Season liver with a generous sprinkling of salt, garlic, pepper & dried oregano. Set aside.
- Add drizzle of vegetable oil to pan & heat until it sizzles.
- Add onions & spices.
- Sautée continually until onions become tender but not soften. When onions have reached the right texture remove onions & places into a bowl.
- To your pan add liver slices. Add a touch of Worcestershire sauce & oil if needed. Cook each slice for about a minute in a half on each side.
- Now return onions to the pan & continue to cook liver & onions for about one more minute.
- Serve hot fresh from the stove.
For an extra spark of color & texture add spinach during the last minute of cooking.