- 1 cup fresh made barbecue chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium head of purple cabbage
- Cut up cabbage. Set aside.
- Slice onion. Set aside.
- In a pot, combine chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, salt & cayenne pepper. Stir well & then add in onion. Cover the pot with a lid & cook until onion has softened.
- Next, add in cabbage. Cook covered on medium heat for about 30 minutes, making sure to stir every few minutes.
- When serving, sprinkle with red pepper flakes for an extra burst if heat.