- 32 ounce bag of dry pinto beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large ham hock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Clean & rinse beans. Set aside
- Add ham hock, salt & 4 cups of water. Cover & bring to a boil.
- Add beans to the pot & cover with water.
- Bring beans to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and allow beans to soak for one hour.
- After one hour, add chopped onion to beans, stir well & turn the heat back on. Bring the beans to a boil & then reduce heat & simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Your ready to enjoy a wholesome bowl of beans. You may want to add more salt to taste, or add cheese, onions or hot sauce.