- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Make honey lime dressing by combining the juice of 2 limes, vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper & 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix throughly until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add carrot, cabbage, cilantro, green onion & remaining salt. Toss & stir ingredients to evenly combine.
- Pour dressing into the cabbage salad. Stir well to combine.
- Let salad stand at room temperature for an hour to allow the salt to marinate. Stir well every 10 minutes or so to stir dressing that settles on the bottom. This affects the outcome & the salad will be more flavorful.
- For best results refrigerate the salad for a few hours or overnight before serving.
To take the tang of bitterness caused by both the lime & cabbage, add more honey as desired.