- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- + a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 1 carrot, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Sauté ginger root in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with 1/2 a teaspoon salt. Sauté for about 10 minutes until softened on the inside & slightly crispy on the outside.
- In a cup combine 1 tablespoon of water & 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine pineapple juice, honey, ground ginger, curry powder & cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Add carrot & onions to the pan. Sauté until onions have softened but are not translucent & carrots have softened a bit. About 5 minutes.
- Now add the broccoli, mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt & a drizzle of olive oil. Stir fry on high heat for about 5 minutes or until broccoli has softened but is still crisp.
- Now add the pineapple juice mixture & continue to stirfry for about 2 minutes.
- Next you will create a sauce using the remaining liquid in the pan by evenly pouring the cornstarch mixture into your stir-fry. The cornstarch will thicken any liquid left in the pan. Make sure the temperature is on high heat to evaporate the liquid and thicken the sauce.
- You’re ready serve. Enjoy!