These cookies are bursting with rich chocolaty flavor & they are very similar in flavor to my dark chocolate brownies – pictured above. This was definitely a much needed recipe for my cookie collection. Their texture is in between a brownie & a cookie, but definitely not cakey. One of the things I really like about this recipe is I can make a chocolaty cookie even if I don’t have chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate in my pantry.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter,melted & cooled
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- In a medium size bowl, add flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda & baking powder. Mix well to evenly distribute all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate, large, mixing bowl, mix melted butter, sugar & vanilla. Stir well.
- Next, stir in egg & egg yolk until combined well.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients in increments. Stir well after each addition.
- Allow cookie dough to harden for an hour in the freezer.
- Roll dough into tablespoon size balls.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes at 300 degrees.
- After the cookies have cooled for about 5 minutes, sprinkle each cookie with sugar.
- Allow to set & cool for about 5 more minutes & then yum it up!
*I know it would be nice, but I didn’t take a picture of this yummy recipe. The picture above shows you a few of my other tried & true recipes.
*Any ads on this page are randomly placed here by the blog provider & do not necessarily reflect my values, beliefs or views.
Thanks for visiting Staying Focused Everyday.