This is a great breakfast to prepare ahead. It’s much lighter than a quiche & like an open face omelet. Traditionally, frittata’s cook on the oven for about 5-7 minutes & then finish cooking in the oven. I decided to simplify things and just bake in the oven. Serves 4. Sorry no food photograph’s, my focus is on making simple, tasty food for my family. For a collage of photos from my other recipes, please see the main menu.
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper & basil. Stir well, just until eggs and milk are blended.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Place spinach on the bottom. Top with onions, mushrooms & lastly the feta cheese. Give it a light sprinkling of salt.
- Evenly pour the eggs over the spinach.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.