A dish that’s easy to make with unique ingredients & bold flavors. That’s my kind of meal. Serves 4. Sorry no pictures on this one. My concentration is not food photography but making awesome food for my family! For a picture collage of some of my other recipes, please see the main menu.
- 2 marinated, baked & chopped chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced jalepenos
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan add the onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté on medium – high heat.
- After a few minutes add the pineapple, jalepenos, ginger, cumin & lime juice. Continue to cook until onion starts to caramelize and turn translucent. Allow pineapple mixture to cool.
- After the pineapple has cooled, add cilantro & scallions. Mix well.
- To a blender add avocado, milk, mayonnaise, chili powder & a sprinkle of salt to taste.
- To assemble, melt cheese on the bottom of each tortilla. Place chicken on top of the cheese, add pineapple salsa & top off with the avocado dressing.