It’s just about that time….for stews, soups, chili’s, curry dishes & more. Like most of my dishes, this soup has a nice little kick so even though it’s vegetable soup it’s not boring at all. Pair this soup with a nice wine & some french bread & you have yourself a well balanced meal that puts a smile on your face 😉
- 2 16 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium diced red potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced jalepenos
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 can cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
1 tsp each – garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano
- For more variety add in spinach, carrots, celery or green beans.
- To a large pot, add chicken broth, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine well.
- Add jalepenos & all spices. Stir well.
- Add potatoes and onion and cook until softened about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans & spinach last & cook on low for about 5 more minutes.