Honestly, you could switch these broccoli burgers up and use them for we for a savory breakfast, lunch or dinner. The broccoli bites are perfect for snacking and they are really hard to stop eating.
- 2 cups boiled, blanched, finely chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 feta cheese
- 1/2 cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- To a bowl add breadcrumbs, cheese, salt & spices combine well.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs until smooth.
- Add eggs to breadcrumbs & stir to combine well.
- Next add broccoli & stir well to combine
- Firmly press a large handful of the mixture into a patties. The mixture will feel crumbly but by firmly pressing them together & in combination with the eggs, cheese & the cooking process the will stay together.
- You can lightly pan fry them or bake them.
- If you pan fry them make sure your pan is thoroughly coated with oil & add enough to the pan for the patties to cook in as well. Cook on medium – high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- If you want to bake them set your oven to 400 degrees, use a nonstick baking pan or make sure you coat your baking sheet with oil so the patties do not stick to the pan. Bake for 12 minutes.