I made a salad. A really, really good salad! Avocado & Asparagus salad with lemon maple chill dressing topped with chicken. Serves 2.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 avocado
- A handful of diced onions
- A handful of jarred jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Sprinkle of chili powder
- Sprinkle of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cooked & sliced chicken breast or chicken thighs
- Boil asparagus for two minutes until it has softened some but still has a slight crunch. Drain water off & cool asparagus down with cool water. Add to large salad bowl.
- Slice tomatoes, dice onions & jalapenos. Add to salad bowl.
- To salad bowl add maple syrup, chili powder, garlic, dash of salt & stir to combine well.
- Cut avocado into cubes & drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with chili powder & dash of salt.
- Add avocado to salad bowl. Give a very light stir to incorporate the avocado but be careful not to over stir or the avocado will become mushy.
- Add chicken & serve.