Joel has always liked his mom’s peach cobbler so a few years ago be decided to learn how to make it, adding some of his own touches along the way. This is the perfect summer time dessert!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 /2 granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 cups of peaches
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Handful of brown sugar for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & bake cobbler for 40 minutes or just until cobbler is slightly bubbly & dough is cooked.
- Melt butter in a 9×13 pan
- Thoroughly combine flour, sugars, salt and baking powder
- Next add milk. Stir until combined well but don’t over mix.
- Pour batter evenly over melted butter but do not mix.
- Top the peaches over the batter evenly.
- Slowly drizzle the lemon juice over the peaches.
- Next sprinkle cinnamon evenly over peaches.
- Lastly, sprinkle a small handful of brown sugar over the peaches.
Do not over bake. The cobbler should not be set like a cake. The cobbler should still be slightly liquidy in appearance when you pull it out of the oven. As the cobbler sits those liquids will set & be absorbed in the dough. This creates the perfect taste & texture for your cobbler.