- 2 1/2 cup all purpose
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (sanding or granulated) for rolling cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in 1 egg yolk at a time and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until completely mixed.
- Stir the flour into the creamed butter mixture.
- Form dough balls and roll them in sugar crystals. Place cookie balls on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Do not flatten dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies should still look puffy and slightly undercooked. Remove from oven and allow cookies to remain on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. The cookies will continue to bake on the cookie sheet. As they cool the cookies will flatten & form those crinkles we know & love.