Yummy yummy…..y.u.m.m.y. This dessert is so simple but it’s so g.o.o.d!
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, + 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + up to 1/2 cup more as needed
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl and mix well.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and stir to blend.
- Add flour and toss with fork until moistened clumps form (topping mixture will look slightly wet. Cut in additional flour until mixture forms clumps. Set aside.
- In a pan, on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add sugar and allow it to dissolve.
- Add cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add pineapple. Allow the mixture to bubble and thicken.
- Add pineapple to an 8×8 pan. Mix half of the streusel in with the pineapple & top with the remaining streusel.
- Top the assembled streusel with 2 tablespoons cubed butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and set.