These zucchini crisps are best enjoyed after they have been taken out of the oven or reheated. However, they still make a healthy portable snack on the go.
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ slices
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- Firmly press breadcrumbs onto zucchini slices, if needed.
- Arrange zucchini on a lightly oiled large pan or baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, turn over and continue baking for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before storing zucchini crisps.