It always feel good when you are able to find a healthy snack that you actually enjoy. These snacks are my new favorites. They are easy to make & are reminiscent of something that you could pick up at a health retreat or spa.
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp lemon essential extract or juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup flax or chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients and blend to create a paste.
- If it is not forming a thick enough paste, add more honey. The mixture will be slightly crumbly but that is ok.
- Form about 20 small balls & place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Don’t worry if they aren’t as pretty as you would like because once they have hardened in the freezer you can smooth them out.
- Store in the refrigerator.