Bold flavors come together, fireworks happen, you fall helplessly in love. Oh…I so want to make this…. right now! The end.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt And pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Let chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine mustard, heavy cream, chicken broth and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- After chicken has marinated, heat a large skillet to medium high and heat the butter and oil until butter has melted. Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Place chicken into the skillet and brown on each side. Do not allow chicken or pan juices to burn. If needed add chicken broth or water a little at a time to prevent burning.
- After the chicken has been browned on each side, remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Leave pan juices. They will combine with your mustard sauce and add depth to the chicken.
- Put the pan back onto medium high heat. Pour mustard sauce into pan & mix well. Allow the sauce to reduce until slightly thickened – between 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce and allow the chicken to cook in the sauce for a few more minutes.