This dish dazzles. So much flavor you’ll look forward to leftovers. I’m feeling all happy just thinking about it.
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Marninated in balsamic vinegar for 1 hour.
- After the chicken has marniated, preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Add chicken, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, & herbs. Cook, stirring frequently, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, tomato sauce & parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place in a dish to finish cooking in the oven.
- Place into oven until cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Make a balsamic reduction sauce with 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar by simmering in a pot on low for an hour. The water will evaporate out leaving a sauce.
- When the meal is ready to serve, top with sun dried tomatoes & drizzle each plate with the balsamic reduction sauce