My husband loves a warm bowl of soup or chili after being out in the cold all day. This hearty soup is definitely a good choice for a frigid winter day.
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 TBS flour
- 2 TBS oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cheddar cheese for sprinkling
- Bacon for sprinkling
- Chives for sprinkling
- Start making the soup base by combining flour and oil in an unheated pot.
- Stir well until the two combine making a paste.
- Add a touch of milk and stir well to continue combining the paste. Repeat.
- Turn on the stove eye you will be using, to medium heat.
- Next, add the remaining milk & stir constantly.
- As the milk heats it will start to thicken. You can add more milk a little at a time to get the soup to desired consistency.
- Add the salt, pepper & garlic. Continue stirring. Add more garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potatoes & you are ready to serve.