Here’s a filling, very tasty salad that puts a new spin on the same old boring lunch routine. Plus, your getting some much needed veggies in the process!
- 8 ounces salad macaroni
- 1 cup tiny broccoli florets
- 1 cup cooked, diced, chicken
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding a generous tablespoon or so of kosher salt to the water as it cooks.
- Rinse pasta with cold water, set aside
- Prepare all vegetables, set aside
- Stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice or vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta, diced chicken and vegetables to the bowl and stir well to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.