I like this meal because it is simple, it is Asian inspired & tastes authentic. You can add meat if you like, but it’s so flavorful most people probably wouldn’t miss it.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 can water chestnuts (optional)
- Dash of salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1\2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Prepare rice per instructions
- Make sauce. Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger & cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the corn starch. Mix well & set aside.
- Cut & slice all vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sautee purple cabbage in a drizzle of oil on medium – high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables & cook until almost done.
- Add more oil & a dash of water as needed.
- Add ginger – soy sauce mixture.
- Stir slowly, making sure the sauce is evenly distributed.
- As the sauce gets hot it will get thicker.
- Feel free to add more salt, pepper, ginger, honey or soy sauce to suit your taste.