I get bored making the same old chicken recipes but I had fun making this dish & it tastes great too. This chicken would also be good to serve at parties because it is very flavorful but not overpowering. This dish is not low fat – but it’s not fried either, so I think it’s a good compromise.
- 3 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Evenly grease a 9x 13 baking pan & place chicken in the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the chicken with the amount of salt you are comfortable with.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese & spices.
- Layer mayonnaise mixture onto chicken.Coat only the side up.
- Top with bread crumbs & gently press crumbs down.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- Mositure affects the crunchy texture of this dish .If you need to store the chicken to serve later, allow the chicken to cool completely & place chicken side by side in storage container.
- Serves 4 and in many cases you may have left overs.