I made this for the first time last night. Joel was loving it! This soup has the spicy heat that you want in a chili but is gently tempered with a creamy base. It is super easy to make & uses basic ingredients that most of us already have in our pantry.
- 1 pound of cooked & cubed chicken
- 2 cans cannelloni beans
- 1 cup of canned or frozen corn
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese – sliced into cubes
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese plus a bit to sprinkle over each bowl of chili
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup jalapeño slices
- 1 handful sliced green onion
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- In a pot add your chicken broth, onions & jalapeños and cook for about fives minutes on medium
- Add garlic, cayenne pepper & cumin.
- Add cream cheese & stir for about 2 minutes.
- Next add Monterey Jack cheese. Using a whisk, stir until well blended.
- Add chicken, beans & corn. Stir until combined and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with a sprinkling of monterey jack chesse, green onion & cilantro