I make hot chocolate in various ways but this one has a richer, dark chocolate flavor. It goes great with spice cookies & feels like a grand indulgence. Maybe it is, but this is perfect for a relaxing winter night! This recipe serves two large mugs of rich dark hot chocolate, but if want to increase your servings & tone down the flavor of the chocolate just add more milk & possibly more sugar until you get the flavor you desire.
- 8 cups of evaporated milk
- 8 TBSP of sugar
- 2 cups of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar & water throughly blending until lumps are mostly gone. If using regular milk in this recipe omit water and use 2 cups of milk in place of water for this first step.
- Heat the mixture on the stove and blend in the butter until melted.
- Add milk & stir continuously until heated to the deserved temperature. Do not boil or the mixture will curdle.
Serve & enjoy the warmth from this fabulous drink
For a single serving
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water + 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 TBSP of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- Mix cocoa powder & 1/4 cup hot water throughly blending until lumps are mostly gone.
- Dissolve sugar into cocoa
- Add evaported milk & 1 cup of water. Stir well to combine with cocoa & heat to desired temperature.
- If using regular milk instead of evaporated milk, omit the one cup of water and use a total of 2cups of milk. You will still use 1/4 cup of water to liquefy the cocoa.
It’s a Wednesday and I’m at home. There’s nothing extra special about this day. However, it is cold out & I decided to make this just for myself. I feel special now!
Enjoy & have a good day 🙂