This recipe for Chicken Curry is easy to make & fills your senses completely. It combines some of my favorite spices & is so super comforting that I want to make it all the time. You start this recipe off by making a very flavorful paste. The paste gives the recipe a bold start & it’s really the star of the show. This will be a great recipe for the fall & winter season. Yum.
1 large onion
6 garlic cloves
1 -3 inch piece of fresh peeled ginger
A splash of water
1 can diced tomatoes
4 medium size potatoes
4 chicken thighs
1 cup sweet peas
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon cumin
3 tablespoons curry powder
1 – 3 tablespoons brown sugar (season to taste)
Handful of green onions
Handful of cilantro
- Chop an onion, peel garlic & ginger, add splash of water & blend into a paste. Pour paste into large cooking pot.
- Add 1/2 cup water to paste. Chop the other onion & add to paste.
- Next, add one can diced tomatoes, salt, turmeric, cumin & curry powder.
- Add chicken to paste. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add potatoes, along with some of the evaporated milk. Stir well.
- Add evaporated milk a little at a time throughout the cooking process.
- Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender & chicken is fully cooked.
- Add sweet peas about five minutes before you are ready to serve.
- Top Curry off with a sprinkling of cilantro & green onions
- For the Brown Rice – Season cooked rice with salt, garlic & butter to taste. Stir well to combine ingredients.